CILTEP (Chemically Induced Long Term Potentiation) is one of the hottest brain enhancing supplements on the market today. With endorsers such as Pro Poker Champion Martin Jacobson, Baltimore Ravens Lineman AQ Shipley, wrestling champion Nick “Magnus” Aldis and Olympic volleyball player Josh Binstock, it is not hard to see why many people are enticed with this product and all the other products from Natural Stacks.
CILTEP has also been featured in several radio shows, podcasts and videos on the internet. But what is all the buzz about?
CILTEP was created by Abelard Lindsay and its history dates back to 2005 but only getting its formulation and name in 2012. Before its official release in 2013, the formulation of CILTEP and its ingredients have been much talked about in Google Tech Talk, Longecity.org and Joe Rogan Show.
Here are the long term effects of CILTEP according to the manufacturer:
- Maximum motivation and mental endurance
- Boost concentration and long-term memory
- Increased ability to study and retain mental information
- Improved mood and sociability
Those who want to know about the benefits of incorporating CILTEP in their daily regimen also want to learn about the possible dangers of CILTEP tolerance, CILTEP withdrawal or other downsides of this supplement. This is a valid concern, especially considering that many nootropics nowadays are being criticized for being ineffective, for causing feelings of crash, brain fog or burnout and for many other false claims.
Perhaps the best way to know about the pros and cons of CILTEP is to first take a look at what’s inside this popular brain enhancing pill.
List of CILTEP ingredients and what they are for:
- Artichoke Extract (900 mg)
Artichoke has long been used for its health benefits and now it is gaining popularity for its nootropic properties. Luteolin, a natural inhibitor of phosphodiesterase 4 (PDE4) can be found in artichoke extract. Luteolin is considered to be the safest and most effective of all PDE4 inhibitors. According to research,PDE4 inhibitors are important in improving memory, increasing cognition and wakefulness, and protecting neurons.
Aside from its brain boosting properties, artichoke extract is also being investigated for its possible effects on dopamine levels and anti-depressant characteristics.
The artichoke extract in CILTEP is basically what differentiates it from many other brain supplements out there and the reason why many are calling it one of the best beginner nootropic stack.
- Forskolin (20 mg)
Forskolin is an extract that comes from the root of Coleus Forskohlii, a plant that has been a part of traditional Asian medicine for centuries. Forskolin is responsible for activating adenylyl cyclise, an enzyme that increases the levels of cAMP and improves the brain’s ability to retain new information. Forskolin is also said to be more effective when combined with artichoke extract.
Outside of brain boosting, Forskolin is also associated with helping to increase testosterone levels, treat heart disorders and asthma, and induce fat loss.
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine (750 mg)
Acetyl L-carnitine (ALCAR) is an amino acid that is present in many food items and can also be synthesized in the liver. ALCAR is present in this stack because it lessens the effect of acetylcholinesterase on energy and short term memory and keeps the acetylcholine levels at the optimum level.
- L-Phenylalanine (500 mg)
L-Phenylalanine is one of the nine essential amino acids. It is converted into L-tyrosine then L-DOPA, which helps in the increase of dopamine levels. What that means is that L-Phenylalanine increases mental energy, focus and determination.
- Vitamin B6 or Pyridoxal-5-phosphate (5 mg)
Vitamin B6 is a water soluble vitamin that belongs to the B-complex group. Because it is a cofactor for the DOPA carboxylase, Vitamin B6 is needed in CILTEP for the synthesis of dopamine, for boosting determination and neural activity.
Natural Stacks maintains that the ingredients in CILTEP are of the highest quality and that the manufacturing facilities are GMP.
CILTEP dosage information:
The suggested CILTEP usage is 3 capsules a day, taken upon waking up and on an empty stomach. The effects of the smart drug can be felt with 8-14 hours, according to the results reported by users of this brain enhancement pills.
CILTEP is safe to be taken every day, but it is advised to take 1 to 2 days off every week. Also, some CILTEP users suggest that a moderate dose of caffeine may enhance the results felt with CILTEP.
Additional information about CILTEP:
- CILTEP is a dietary supplement, which is not reviewed and approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration. However, its labelling, ingredients and manufacturing are regulated by the FDA.
- CILTEP is not recommended for anyone under 18 or anyone who is pregnant or nursing.
- It is also not to be consumed when taking nicotine, prescription stimulants or non-Natural Stacks dietary supplements.
- CILTEP is all-natural, meaning it does not contain gluten, GMOs, preservatives or any artificial colorants.
- The capsules of CILTEP are vegetarian, so they will not cause allergic reactions to those with sensitivity to traditional gelatine capsules.
- Although there have been no negative side effects reported with CILTEP, there are some users that have noticed initial nausea (characteristic of taking increased amounts of PDE4 inhibitors) and insomnia (when taken with a little too much coffee).
Other people who have expressed great admiration for CILTEP include:
- Tim Ferris, New York Times bestselling author
- Dave Asprey, The Bulletproof Executive
- Brittney Leeb, fitness specialist
Of course it is not enough to take it from the popular view. If you’d like to see what others say about CILTEP, visit the CILTEP nootropic stack review here.
The suggested retail price of CILTEP is $42.95 for a 60 capsule bottle (around a 20 day supply). The product is available at the official website of Natural Stacks with discounted shipping options and money back guarantees. There are other websites and stores where CILTEP can be found. For more information on where you can buy CILTEP click here.
Overall, the ingredients of CILTEP appear to be revolutionary and very promising compared to other nootropics that came before it. It seems that there indeed benefits to this particular stack and these benefits have been outweighing any other semblance of a side-effect.